Toodledo is my recommended solution if you cannot use Outlook
If you cannot use Outlook on a PC, try Toodledo to manage your tasks. It runs on PCs, Macs, iPhones, iPads, Android tablets and smartphones, and on a BlackBerry. And it can easily be configured to match my task management system. See my new book The One Minute to Do List which highlights how to use Toodledo with 1MTD and with MYN. You can get a free PDF copy of that book--it includes links to free videos that show you how to use Toodledo using the simple 1MTD configurations. Or, if you are already an experienced MYN user, Create a free MYN Toodledo account now.
I recommend Toodledo over Outlook for the Mac (for Tasks)
If you use a Mac, while Outlook Mac is the way to go for e-mail, calendar, and contacts, it is not the best solution for Tasks (see more)
Take my video training class on using Toodledo with MYN
If you want to learn the complete MYN System using Toodledo, take my 34-lesson video class that will get you up and running. (Learn more here)
Comes Preconfigured for MYN
If you are already proficient at my more advanced MYN material, note that a special version of Toodledo is easily accessed that contains all the MYN configurations built in! The best way to learn this is to read up through Chapter 9 of The One Minute to Do List (again, get a free PDF copy of that book). It tells you how to activate the Toodledo settings and use them. Or, if already proficient at MYN, you can follow the instructions on my website (see more).
Once you activate the MYN settings, you will see the layout shown below (click on the figure to enlarge it).
In Toodledo you can convert e-mails to tasks from ANY e-mail system
If you've read my books, you know my #1 recommendation for managing e-mail is to convert action e-mails into tasks, and then to manage those tasks in a good task manager. With Toodledo, you can do that from any e-mail system.
Toodledo Runs on Many Mobile Devices
- Toodledo's iPad, iPhone, and iPod apps synchronize with it's web server and are MYN compatible. Or run it in a web browser.
- Toodledo runs on Android through many third-party Apps. I recommend three and they are Pocket Informant Android, Ultimate To-Do List, and Toodledo's own app. All three support the key MYN features and both sync with your web-based Toodledo account. You can also use Toodledo in a web browser on Android.
- Toodledo can be accessed on Blackberry through Ultimate To-Do List run in Android emulation. It supports MYN features and syncs with your web-based Toodledo account.
- Toodledo runs great in the web browsers found in many other mobile devices--especially on tablets. However some browsers work better than others. On Android, if you have problems, try the Opera browser.
Why Toodledo Is the Way to Go
- It is a web-based fully dedicated task system, with tons of task features; even more than Outlook.
- It runs on lots of mobile apps (see list above).
- All the Master Your Now (MYN) principles can be configured into the software (in both the web and app versions). I have not found any other web task software that can do that, not even the popular RTM.
- You can convert e-mails to tasks in Toodledo from ANY e-mail system.
- Another way it is better than Outlook: due dates work correctly! They are not hard-linked to start dates (as they are in Outlook), so you can set them separately.
- The web version is free (though I recommend the upgrade).
Read my new book The One Minute To-Do List to Learn more about Toodledo (get a free PDF copy of the book at that link). Or, take my Full-MYN Toodledo Video Class. Or, follow website instructions at this link to jump into the more advanced MYN settings.